Saturday, November 26, 2011
FishFraud Turns 1!
Happy birthday, FishFraud blog! Thanks to our readers for all the entertainment of the past year exposing one of the biggest douchebags on the Internet: news photographer-turned EMT/firefighter-turned-sports photographer-turned-wedding-photographer-turned-travel-blogger-turned-travel-strategist Steven Frischling.
Highlights of the past year:
- Nov. 26, 2010: FishFraud launches to warn people not to hire Steven Frischling
- December 2010: After claiming he had no problem with editors independently verifying his sources in the famed TSA interviews, Frischling refuses when the Huffington Post offers to do so
- February 2011: Infamous @yuckystalkers Twitter account briefly harasses two women following @fishfraud
- February 2011: Frischling suspended from Twitter for harassment right as he's supposed to be tweeting the arrival of a new jet in NYC, and has major meltdown
- March 2011: Frischling and Susannah attempt to buy off FishFraud to go away; FishFraud laughs muchly
- March 5, 2011: Frischling makes his final (we hope) posting on SportsShooter after openly ridiculed
- March 2011: Countersite "Expose the Bullies" launches to more laughter
- June 2011: Frischling arrested for felony forgery and felony larceny in KLM case; lies on Twitter and says he was not arrested
- June 2011: National Car Rental dumps Frischling as a consultant after FishFraud fans warn the company he's a fraud
- June 2011: Frischling creates blog that he says will "prove" he is innocent in KLM case; quickly deletes blog
- July 2011: Frischling runs out of continuances and must make his first of many appearances in court awaiting trial
- August 2011: Frischling fails to appear in court and gets warning letter from Bail Commissioner
- October 2011: Despite his lies that the case had been dropped, Frischling's case goes into pre-trial
- October 2011: Schadenfrisch makes it into Urban Dictionary
- November 2010-November 2011: 365 days of LOLs!
Anything else we forgot?